Physical therapists perform detailed musculoskeletal assessments and determine the appropriate treatment for various conditions, including orthopedic (muscle, bone joint), geriatric, and cardiorespiratory. Physiotherapy uses physical techniques to improve movement, reduce pain and stiffness, speed up healing, and increase quality of life. GHC Physiotherapy is covered by OHIP, private insurance or self-pay.
Physiotherapy Services Provided:
Frequently Asked Questions
OHIP funding is available for individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Age 65 and over
- Age 19 and under
- Referred for a condition directly related to a recent (within 12 months) overnight hospital stay
- Receives Ontario Works or ODSP
All individuals who access OHIP MUST have a doctor or nurse practitioner’s referral. The referral must be for an ACUTE condition – funding is not available for chronic conditions
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing. If you’re having your back or legs looked at please bring shorts or stretchy pants that will roll up past your knees. If you’re having your neck, shoulder or arms looked at please wear or bring a sleeveless top with a loose collar.
If you’ve been in a car accident and are being treated under your motor vehicle insurance please bring the following information:
- Date of Accident
- Insurance Company Name
- Policy Number
- Insurance Adjuster’s Name and Phone Number
- Completed OCF-1 form
If you’ve had a workplace accident please bring the following information:
- Date of Injury
- Workplace Address and Phone Number
- Workplace Contact Person
- Claim Number (if you have one)
If you’ve had surgery or are accessing OHIP funding please bring your doctor’s referral to your first appointment.
To make an appointment for physiotherapy please call our direct line at 705-759 5521.
There is no referral required for physiotherapy services. However, your private insurance may require a referral from your doctor. If you’re accessing OHIP funding a referral from a nurse practitioner or doctor is required.
Billing/Funding Options Include:
- WSIB – GHC Physiotherapy can help individuals recover from work-related injuries and will work with WSIB to coordinate their treatment and help them return to work.
- Private Insurance (direct billing whenever possible)