GHC’s staff provides day-to-day education and support for local individuals infected, affected or at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS. Education and support include presentations, workshops, information sessions and conferences on HIV, AIDS, safer sex, and harm reduction.
GHC’s staff works with the public and community partners to encourage safe drug use and safe sex. Support community members who have or are at risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.
Types of Services:
Outreach services are provided with the help of community partners by developing strategies for harm reduction. H.A.R.P. does not provide medical care.
- support services for people living with HIV
- decrease barriers and increase access to HIV treatment
- connection and retention in care for HIV treatment working with both Infectious Disease Specialists Dr. Lucas Castellani at Sault Area Hospital & Dr. Roger Sandre at Health Sciences North HAVEN Program
- case management, referrals and assistance with forms
- works in collaboration with HepCare Outreach Worker
- provides education on the transmission of HIV and harm reduction
- distribution of harm reduction supplies in the community through mobile outreach
- Overdose prevention education including Fentanyl Testing Strips and Naloxone
Education & Prevention
- support services and resources for 2SLGBTQ+ individuals
- support and education regarding healthy sexuality
- community education around HIV/AIDS and safer sex
- distribution of condoms, lubricant, dental dams and insertive condoms