The Algoma District Medical Group (ADMG) is currently seeking five Associate Family Medicine physicians to join its group. ADMG is a part of the Group Health Centre (GHC) located in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. GHC is a progressive, multi-specialty, ambulatory care health facility that serves over 60,000 residents of Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District. We are committed to providing high-quality primary care services to our patients in both office and in-hospital settings.
We are looking for highly skilled and dedicated Associate Family Medicine physicians who possess an undergraduate medical degree and have successfully completed postgraduate training and/or hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Candidates should have the intention to practice in the North on a long-term basis.
- Provide primary care services for patients in both office and in-hospital settings
- Demonstrate proficiency in various medical procedures and diagnostic techniques
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure comprehensive patient care
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date medical records using our leading-edge EMR system
Benefits and Compensation:
- Highly attractive remuneration package
- Four weeks of vacation time to start
- Comprehensive benefits package including major medical, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Opportunities to teach medical students and residents in office and hospital settings
- Relocation allowance of up to $5,000 provided by the Sault Ste. Marie Physician Recruitment & Retention Program
- Incentive of more than $83,000 over a four-year period from the Ontario Ministry of Health Northern and Rural Recruitment & Retention Initiative for full-time physicians practicing in Sault Ste. Marie
Sault Ste. Marie is a vibrant city located on the St. Mary’s River between Lake Huron and Lake Superior, on the U.S./Canadian border. It offers the amenities of a regional urban center, with easy access to the Canadian wilderness and extraordinary vacation areas in Michigan. The community has a strong cultural and arts basis and offers a wide range of winter and summer outdoor activities. Sault Ste. Marie boasts an excellent school system and provides numerous sports and artistic opportunities for both children and adults. The city is served by three Canadian airlines as well as one major U.S. airline.
How to Apply:
If you are a dedicated and skilled physician seeking an opportunity to provide high-quality primary care services in a supportive environment, please contact Dr. Jodie Stewart, CEO – Algoma District Medical Group, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you to the Algoma District Medical Group and the Group Health Centre family.