At GHC, our Registered Dietitians are trained to provide excellent advice to patients of all ages on optimizing their fitness, enhancing digestive health, managing chronic disease, and improving overall wellness and vitality through personalized nutrition.
Individual and group sessions are available for the following:
- Healthy eating
- Dyslipidemia (cholesterol class is offered twice per month)
- Pregnancy (poor nutrition, slow/fast weight gain)
- GI (Celiac, Crohn’s, Colitis, IBS, Diverticulitis)
- Pediatrics (food allergies), FTT, GI, Fe Deficiency anemia, BPD, CF
- Cancer (cachexia/malnutrition)
- Eating disorders (Anorexia/ Bulimia)
- Failure to thrive (babies who are not growing well)
- Pediatric nutrition services
Frequently Asked Questions
This service is available to all GHC-enrolled patients. To access GHC Nutrition Services, patients must be referred to the program by a GHC physician.
Once the referral has been received, a member of the Nutrition Services team will contact the patient to book their initial appointment.
During your initial assessment, our Registered Dietitian will review your medical history, lifestyle habits, diet history, food preferences and more to develop a personalized nutrition care plan. You will set realistic health and wellness goals to define the direction for your plan and will be provided with simple action steps and supporting resources to help you reach them.
At follow-up sessions, the dietitian will track your progress and together, you will make adjustments to the plan as necessary to keep you moving forward.
Please bring a three-day food diary to your initial appointment and a list of any food allergies.
83 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON, P6B 5B1
Main Line: 705-541-2670
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday, Holidays: Closed